I have always looked up to my mom from as far back as I can remember. She has always been there for me through everything possible. She has formed me into the person I am today.
Without her help, I honestly believe that I wouldn’t be the strong, focused, caring individual who stands before you. There are three specific instances in my life that are very crucial to the forming of the person I became. My mom was there for all three of them. Unfortunately, two of them involve cheating death. The last one couldn’t be cheated. The first instance started on October 15, 1987 between the hours of 10:00pm to midnight. My mom had been in labor with me for the past couple of hours. She had been up all day and was exhausted by the hard work she was dealing with. She had no idea the worst was yet to come. Getting closer to the end of her labor, as her contractions worsened, she felt the pain would be over soon and that she would be holding a new baby in her arms. As each contraction came, the nurses noticed that my heartbeat would drop severely by each one. As my mother described, as soon as this happened, a pack of nurses came bursting into the delivery room like a herd of Green bay Packers. After such an entrance, the nurses had the nerve to tell my mother not to panic. They told her to remain calm but how could a mother do so?
The nurses soon learned that the umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around my neck two times. Each time my mother had a contraction, the cord would tighten, and I was losing oxygen that was to be getting to my brain. The nurses also learned that I was in my mother at a sideways angle and there was no way I could be delivered properly because of the awkward angle and the choking of the umbilical cord. I could not be delivered because I would be hung.
The nurses soon learned that the umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around my neck two times. Each time my mother had a contraction, the cord would tighten, and I was losing oxygen that was to be getting to my brain. The nurses also learned that I was in my mother at a sideways angle and there was no way I could be delivered properly because of the awkward angle and the choking of the umbilical cord. I could not be delivered because I would be hung.
That’s my i’ll consider my mother as my hero, my only hero.today, tomorrow and forever..=D
No comments:
Post a Comment